Get to know your virtual Valentine with these questions (Picture: Getty)
Pre-pandemic, you might have thought that a Zoom date was just another word for speed dating – but fast-forward to 2022, many are embracing a virtual Valentine’s Day.
Video call dating can be awkward and exhausting, but a Zoom conversation is a great way to avoid catfishing, and work out whether the person you’ve been texting is worth meeting up with IRL.
Use the time wisely to get to know the person and see if they’re compatible, before testing your physical attraction at a later date.
To help you do this, Metro.co.uk has compiled a list of questions you can ask your online date and work out what they’re like in the real world.
Just try not to get too ‘interview-like’ when asking – use these questions as jumping-off points to remove any stilted moments that might arise.
59 Zoom date questions
Meeting IRL is so 2019 (Picture: Getty)
- What’s the most fun or interesting thing you’ve done during lockdown?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What’s one memory from your childhood that you think encapsulates who you are now?
- If you could have quarantined anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Is there anything you feel that lockdown has taught you or given you perspective on?
- Who’s the most famous person you’ve ever met?
- What’s your first travel plan once we’re allowed to freely travel?
- What was the last movie you watched?
- Are you reading anything right now?
- Do you have any pets?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- If your friends had to describe you, what would they say?
- What’s your dream career?
- What would your ‘desert island discs’ be?
- What would your ideal date be?
- Cat person or dog person?
- Do you have any party tricks?
- What are the weirdest lockdown impulse purchases you’ve made?
- Who would you say is your inspiration in life?
- If you had a dream dinner party with anyone dead or alive you could invite, who would you ask?
- What do people normally think of you when they first meet you?
- Ever been rude to a waiter?
- Did you ever have an emo/raver/mosher/etc phase at school?
- What was the best gig you’ve ever been to?
- How have you found not seeing family or friends over the last few months?
- Joined in on any fun virtual quizzes or parties?
- Where would you say is your ‘happy place’?
- How did you meet your best friend?
- If you could move to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Has this been more of a Joe Wicks lockdown or a sourdough and banana bread lockdown?
- What’s your favourite pizza topping?
- What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
- If you could eat anything in the world right now, what would it be?
- Who would play you in the movie of your life?
- Do you ever get told you look like someone?
- Do you have any ‘guilty pleasure’ music or TV obsessions?
- If you were a Friends character, which one would you be?
- If you were to open a business, what would it be?
- If you find money on the street, what do you do with it?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
- And the worst advice?
- If you could have any superpower, which would you choose?
- Would you rather be rich or famous?
- Do you think ‘child you’ would be happy seeing where you’re at now?
- Are you an outdoorsy person?
- What’s one hobby you’ve always wanted to try but never have?
- What’s the silliest thing you’re afraid of?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the thing in the world you’re most looking forward to?
- Where did you go on holiday when you were younger?
- If you could study any topic – with no need to get a job in it, just to gain the knowledge – what would you choose?
- If your friends were the Spice Girls, which spice would you be?
- If you won the lottery right now, what would you spend it on?
- What song do you imagine is playing in your ‘life movie’ when you’re looking out the window of a car or bus? (We all do it)
- What was your worst ever date?
- If you could go back in time, where would you go?
- What would you do if you had enough money not to work?
- Would you say you’re an introvert or extrovert?
- Would you like to meet up IRL?
Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Share your views in the comments below
Rush Hour Crush – love (well, lust) is all around us
Visit Metro’s Rush Hour Crush online every weekday at 4:30pm.
Tell us about your Rush Hour Crush by submitting them here, and you could see your message published on the site.