There’s nothing more romantic than a quiz! (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, and romantic dinners and drinks are back on the cards after lockdown muted celebrations somewhat in 2021.
Many will be wanting to make up for lost time, be it going out for a fancy meal, showering their partner with gifts or cooking a candlelit dinner at your home.
But there’s nothing quite like a little bit of healthy competition to really bring you together this Valentine’s Day.
We’ve put together a Valentine’s quiz for you and your partner to do together during date night – be it at home, over dinner or on Zoom – with subjects ranging from mythology to geography.
So, let’s find out who has the biggest brain in the couple…
Valentine’s Quiz questions
Tiem to pop the question… no not that one (Picture: Getty)
1. In Greek mythology, who is the god of love?
2. ‘Love Shack’ is a 1989 single by which group?
3. Who played main character Violet in the 1998 film Shakespeare in Love?
4. What’s the name of the male love interest in the Jane Austen book Pride and Prejudice?
5. How do you say ‘I love you’ in German?
6. In the Simpsons episode ‘I Love Lisa’, who does Lisa give a Valentine’s Day card to that says ‘I choo choo choose you’?
7. Complete the rest of the sentence from this Robert Burns love poem: ‘My love is like a red, red rose…’
8. Those born on Valentine’s Day fall under which star sign?
Thoughtful man and doubting woman with question mark. People solve problem, choose solution. Concept of dispute, conflict, deadlock. I do not know. Vector flat design illustration.
9. St Valentine is the patron saint of love. What else is he patron saint of?
10. Which Roman goddess was cupid’s mother?
11. Which symbol is lit onto the Empire State Building on Valentine’s Day?
12. Which singer had a Top Ten hit, in 1961, with Cupid?
13. In Japan, it’s customary for women to give men this gift on Valentine’s Day. What is it?
14. What is the best-selling love song of all time, spending 15 weeks at the top of the UK charts?
15. Which British celebrity was on Blind Date with Cilla Black before she was famous?
16. Which gender buys more Valentine’s cards; men or women?
17. If a woman sees a red-breasted robin on Valentine’s Day, a man of which profession is she supposed to marry?
18. There’s a town in the US called Valentine. Which state is it in?
19. Who invented the first Valentine’s Day candy box?
20. What fruit once had the nickname ‘love apple’ for its alleged aphrodisiac properties?
This is how last night's Snow Moon could impact your energy today
Couple transforms rat-infested 1930s house into stunning home – adding £310,000 to value
'Micro-dating' might help you spend more quality time with a partner – this is how
Swap sheets, it’s time for marking (Picture: Getty)
- The B-52s
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- Fitzwilliam Darcy (one point for Mr Darcy, with a bonus for Fitzwilliam)
- Ich liebe dich
- Ralph Wiggum
- That’s newly sprung in June
- Bee keepers
- A heart
- Sam Cooke
- Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet (a point for the song name and the artist)
- Amanda Holden
- A sailor
- Richard Cadbury
Do you have a story you’d like to share?
Get in touch at MetroLifestyleTeam@metro.co.uk.
Follow Metro across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Share your views in the comments below
Rush Hour Crush – love (well, lust) is all around us
Visit Metro’s Rush Hour Crush online every weekday at 4:30pm.
Tell us about your Rush Hour Crush by submitting them here, and you could see your message published on the site.